Why support the Merit Award?
Sponsor a program that helps Toronto high school students stay in school
Post Secondary Education is the best investment for all of us because:
- Greater education co-relates with lower unemployment
- Post-secondary graduates on average earn significantly more than those with less education
- Future job growth will be most significant in occupations requiring higher education
- Happiness and life satisfaction also tend to increase with education 1
Did you know that those with less than a high school diploma:
- Had employment rates of only 64% for young men and 41% for young women aged 25-34 in 2016?
- Had lower employment rates in 2016 than in earlier years?
- Had a median individual income of $19,000 in 2014, compared to $31,200 for those with a trade certificate/college diploma, and $37,400 for those with a university degree? 2
- The unemployment rate for 25-29 year olds in Ontario in 2016 was 13.4% for those with less than a high school diploma, compared with 5.3% and 6.3% for those with college and university degrees.
How you can help support the Merit Award program
• Click here for The Easy Way to Donate Online
• Click here to donate through your Employer United Way campaign
• Click here to find out how to be a Corporate Sponsor