Who is Eligible
Criteria for a Merit Award
A successful applicant:
- Must be currently enrolled in high school as a full-time student for the school year 2017/18 OR as a full time-student during Fall or Winter of the school year 2017/18;
- Must intend to return to school as a full-time student, in the 2018/19 school year, in Grade 12 or post-secondary education at the university or college level, including registered apprenticeship programs;
- Must demonstrate dedication to schoolwork;
- Should demonstrate a high level of commitment to extracurricular school activities; and
- Should demonstrate a high level of commitment to volunteerism in the community at large.
- Personal challenges and obstacles faced by the applicant, including financial circumstances, will be given significant consideration.
- Contributions to family welfare and/or work experience will be considered.
In order to receive the Merit Award Bursary funds:
- Student recipients must be enrolled as a full-time student at high school or in university or college for the school year 2018/19.
- The bursary will be paid in the Fall of 2018 after the student provides proof of his/her active enrollment.